Your Local News
SPREAD THE WORD
At last there’s a Literary Festival that allows you to participate instead of just attending.
So how do you showcase your own talents?
Sasha Fenton and Jan Budkowski designed Stellium Litfest 2018 to give ordinary people in the writing, artistic and creative worlds a golden opportunity to promote their work, display their creative goods and services, or to network and connect with useful people and to learn and share techniques.
Sasha is the author of 134 books, with sales of over seven million copies and translations into fifteen languages, and Jan is a designer, editor, writer and publisher. They have been successfully publishing books for the past twenty years, so they have first-hand knowledge of the problems that authors and artists encounter.
Table rental – two sizes are available. Our tables would suit any of the following:
Author (traditional, self-published or working on your project); Proof Reader; Artist; Designer; Web or online Designer; Blogger / Vlogger; Copywriter; Photographer; Writer’s Club / Group, or involved in any way in the literary, artistic or creative worlds. Also: Printers; Publishers; Promotional Products or anything else that is useful to artists and writers.
LET YOUR TALENTS SHINE
• Market, promote and sell your books, art and services
• Gain more members for your group / club
• Network and grow your contacts
• Give a talk or hold a workshop (email us on about this)
There will be a 50% non-refundable deposit for tables and space.
• Table: Three square feet £45
• Table: Six by three feet £75
• FREE OF CHARGE if you just visit for the day, network and make useful connections
• FREE OF CHARGE if you start your own discussion group on the day, with help from available authors and artists
• If you attend a talk – £8
• If you attend a workshop – £20
Non refundable fee in advance for and workshops, but some tickets will be available on the day. Please book by emailing Sasha on email@example.com.
Topics likely to include:
• Improve your chances of getting published
• How to market and promote your work
• Learn about the publishing business
• Get free appraisal of your work and expert advice
• Take part in fun essay and poem competition – see the website for data
• Network / make useful connections
• Small group interactive, with authors sharing and advising
Please email us for information on inexpensive sponsorship packages. We will promote the Stellium Litfest online, on leaflets/brochures and the media until the event, which makes this an inexpensive way of advertising.
LITFEST CREATED BY
Stellium Ltd, your friendly South West book publisher, based in Plymouth.
Sasha Fenton – Joint MD – email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Jan Budkowski – Joint MD – email: email@example.com
Tel: 01752 367 300 Fax: 01752 350 453
For more news, as and when details are finalised, visit our website: www.stelliumlitfest.com
DATE: Sunday 30th September 2018 from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm
VENUE: The Imperial Hotel, Park Hill Road, Torquay, Devon TQ1 2DG
Hotel website: www.theimperialtorquay.co.uk
HOTEL CONTACTS: 01803 294301 firstname.lastname@example.org
FREE PARKING: in large hotel car park
NEARBY: Torquay town, with its shops and cafes are nearby.
TRANSPORT: We will put maps and details on the website shortly, but meantime, note that the No. 12 bus goes from Torquay train station to the town, and there is a cab rank at the station.
FREE REFRESHMENTS FOR PARTICIPANTS
FREE tea and coffee twice in the day and a sandwich lunch. Please let us have any dietary requirements in good time.
OPTIONS FOR VISITORS
The hotel rules prohibit anyone bringing food or alcohol into the hotel, but visitors can use the hotel’s refreshment facilities at their own cost, and use the hotel’s garden or take a short walk into the nearby town. There is also a smoking area in the garden.